We are happy to present the tenth issue of "Tochki nad U": East European Security Monthly
Key developments in regional security in Eastern Europe in April 2023:
- The degree of bloodshed and destructiveness of the Russia–Ukraine war remained unchanged, but the warring sides were in a state of strategic stagnation.
- The West’s massive aid to Kyiv continues, but as it progresses, more criticism arises.
- Belarus actively holds exercises and emphasizes the factor of the Russian nuclear umbrella, but takes care not to expand its armed forces and the presence of Russian troops.
- Finland’s accession to NATO significantly changes the balance of power amid the ongoing militarization of the region.
- The peacemaking process around Ukraine has no tangible prospects so far, but increasing numbers of states are coming forward with their peace initiatives.
Full verision of the brief is available here.
The issue is also available in PDF.